Ready for more CHA fun? This time I have an inside glimpse at a few of our team events. Since this is Valentine’s Day weekend, I’m going to kick this post off with a video of Mandy Douglass, Creating Keepsakes2008 Scrapbooker of the Year, hosting a make-n-take event. She created a project you’re going to adore, using sweet dies from Sizzix.
In this video, you’ll see:
* Cute Mandy Douglass, Creating Keepsakes2008 Scrapbooker of the Year, in action, along with her talented friend and Hall of Fame winner, Amy Martin
* An easy-to-use die cut machine and dies from Sizzix
* Get an easy-to-do project idea.
And here’s a look at Mandy’s cutie-pie projects:
This Sizzix candy box die flips open to reveal a peek at what’s inside.
Valentine’s Day may be over, but you can easily adapt these ideas for a birthday, a party favor and coordinating invitation, a cute Easter-basket surprise and more. Have fun with it!
Okay, back to the videos. The CK Media booth was a happenin’ place this CHA. When Mandy wasn’t busy creating, Brian Tippetts, our amazing editor-in-chief, and Amanda Probst, a darling CK author and contributing editor, where keeping the booth party going with book signings. In this flick we have:
* An interview with Brian Tippetts, CK’s editor-in-chief, and a look inside his new book Get Creative with Type
* An interview with Amanda Probst, CK contributing editor and author, and a look inside her new book Month by Month Scrapbooking!
In between walking the show floor and hanging at the booth, our team took time to recharge over lunch with a group of our CK friends. Enjoy this clip and get to know some of the talent behind our magazine.
Naturally, a CHA post wouldn’t be complete without a CHA giveaway. This time around, I’m looking for book feedback. Do you own any of our Creating Keepsakes books or special issues? If so, please leave a comment stating which is your favorite and why. If not, simply leave a comment stating which one(s) is on your wish list (it doesn’t have to be one of the books shown in the video, but it certainly can be). You have until Friday, Feb. 20 to enter. From the comments received, we’ll select three random winners to receive new CHA goodies. Winners will be posted on our blog when our CHA series is complete. Good luck and thanks for playing!
Megan, Creative Editor