April’s Hot Spot column focuses on houndstooth–this trend is so much fun! I love the classic nature of this print. It’s a subset of two overarching trends that have been popular over the past year or two:
* Black and white
What’s especially appealing about this print is how versatile it is.
* In it’s black and white form, it feels perpetually crisp and traditional. Use it as an elegant accent for pages with formal themes-think wedding, heritage, tribute pages and more. Here it is in a smart look from Ann Taylor:
* Recolor it to change the look and feel of the print. Imagine the houndstooth print in a pastel color + white on a baby page (Pretty!). Here’s a darling toddler dress from Little Mass with a gold and white houndstooth print:
* Choose a pop color like orange, turquoise or dark pink + white for everyday-themed pages. Or, for a bolder, more masculine look, pair a bright color like red with black. Check out these cool flip-flops from Old Navy:
* Enlarge and pixilate the print to give it a modern edge. Look at these snappy kicks from Oh Deer:
Ready to try this look on your pages? Here’s some product with houndstooth prints:
* Cornish Heritage Farms’ Fine Houndstooth Scrapblock, 6″ x 6″ Cling Mounted Rubber Stamp:
* Glitz Design Audrey line:
* Teresa Collins Crush line:
* Graphic 45 Times Nouveau line:
* Scrap In Style TV Gaffer Tape:
* KI Memories Sheer Delights:
Want to win some of this houndstooth goodness? Leave a comment to this post about how you’d use this fun print by Tueday, March 31st. We’ll randomly select one winner to receive a goody bag featuring several of the above houndstooth products!
–Lori Fairbanks, Associate Writer