Hello! I’m Cindy Tobey, a member of the 2009 Creating Keepsakes Dream Team. I’m so excited to be this week’s guest blogger! In celebration of spring and the beautiful flowers that are blooming outside I’m going to share how I created the crepe paper flower on my layout.
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill Basics; Patterned paper: BoBunny (green dots), Cosmo Cricket (blue floral), Making Memories (green solid), Scenic Route (green circle); Journaling tag: Scenic Route; Paper frill: Doodlebug; Chipboard: We R Memory Keepers; Stickers: KI Memories; Ribbon: Cosmo Cricket (green stripe), Jenni Bowlin (crepe paper), SEI (green dot); Buttons: Fancy Pants Designs; Font: Nevison Casual downloaded from fonts.com; Other: beads, felt, thread.
1. With a pencil, lightly draw a circle where you want the flower to be and at the size you want your flower. You can do this free hand or by tracing around something circular. I used a roll of masking tape as a template for my circle.
2. Apply adhesive around the outside of your circle. I used a permanent dry dots adhesive.
3. Add crepe paper ribbon, all the way around your circle tracing. You will need to make small folds in the ribbon as you go.
4. Add three more circles of the ribbon. You can sketch a circle for each addition or just “eyeball it” based on the ribbon circle you’ve already completed.
5. Place a dimensional glue dot into the center of each button. You can use liquid adhesive but the glue dots are much faster.
6. Press each button (with glue dot) into the seed beads. Fill in any empty spots with beads by hand. (The thick glue dots allow you to really push the beads down into the adhesive for better staying power.)
7. Finally add the bead decorated buttons to your flower with glue dots.
I hope you’ve enjoyed learning how to make this flower and will give it a try! Thanks, and happy creating!