Introducing CK's New Editor-in-Chief, Jennafer Martin

megan

Hello, my talented chums! I want to tell you a little bit about a dear pal of mine. But, before I get to that I want to inform you of a change that has taken place with our company.

As you may have heard, CK Media has been sold. We’re now the Creative Crafts Group, which is an affiliate of New Track Media. (Read more about the sale here.)

As part of the sale transition, our team is delighted to introduce Jennafer Martin as our new editor-in-chief. Jennafer has been with our company for nearly nine years and has an impressive resume. Here’s an overview of what she’s accomplished in her time here:

* Managing editor/special issues editor for Crafts magazine

* Managing editor of Paper Crafts magazine

* Editor-in-chief of Simple Scrapbooks magazine

* Editor-in-chief of Digital Scrapbooking magazine

Before joining our company, she managed several trade publications for Rector-Duncan & Associates and also worked for Red Hen Press, a small literary press. She holds a degree in English/Creative Writing and is even a published children’s book author. In other words, she has vast experience in writing, editing, managing and growing/strengthening brands. But, more than that, she brings a great enthusiasm and energy, which has us excited to welcome her into this role.

Welcome, Jennafer! :)

JMa Headshot

We plan on sharing some fun facts about Jennafer in a future post, including the fact that she looooves funnel cake (said with sarcasm). In the meantime, we wanted to provide this news update and keep you in the loop on what’s going on around here.

Thanks for all you do to support us, dear readers. We couldn’t do it without you! If you have any questions for Jennafer or simply want to share a word of congratulations, please feel free to leave her a note here.

Cheers!

Megan Hoeppner, Creative Editor

0 Responses to Introducing CK's New Editor-in-Chief, Jennafer Martin

1. terri says:

Congratulations Jennafer!

2. cindy tobey says:

Congrats again Jennafer!

3. Amy Coon says:

Congratulations Jennafer excited for you and all the changes!!

4. Stephanie K says:

Huge congrats Jennafer!
    So excited for you!

5. Nancy L. says:

Congrats Jennafer!

6. Alice Golden says:

That is the best CK-related news I’ve heard in a long time – how exciting!! Can’t wait to see her put her incredible talents to work at Creating Keepsakes. Congrats Jennafer!

7. So happy for her! CONGRATS!

8. Mou says:

Congrats again Jennafer :)
    Mou

9. Nicole says:

i am so excited for you Miss Jennafer…WOW!! (and how is it possible to NOT love funnel cakes, lol?!)

10. Paper Crafts Online says:

Jennafer, I’m so happy for you! You’re going to do great things for CK! Megan, I think you need to share that infamous funnel cake picture with the CK readers. It speaks volumes!

PK

11. Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Megan and PK are teasing – I do NOT like funnel cake. At least I didn’t the only time I tried it. We do have photographic evidence of that but it’s not the most flattering picture of me (more akin to a cat coughing up a fur ball) so I’m thinking we’ll keep that tucked in the archives of my Paper crafts days.

All funnel cake kidding aside, I appreciate you all leaving comments to give me your support. I’m very excited about the opportunity to work with fabulously talented, dedicated readers, staff and contributors!

- Jennafer

12. Thanks for keeping us posted, grateful to read news here first.

13. Go Jennafer! :) So exciting!

14. Kim Watson says:

Huge congrats Jennafer and all at CK!! I am excited to see what you have planned for the mag going forward. Exciting stuff this!! WooHoo!!

15. Melissa LaFavers says:

What an exciting opportunity for you, Jennafer! Congratulations and good luck in your new venture.

Mel

16. Pingback: Changes at Creating Keepsakes. · Scrapbooking @ CraftGossip

17. Ashleigh says:

Congratulations Jennafer!

I loved the Simple Scrapbooks and Digital Scrapbooking mags and through them came to be a Creating Keepsakes fan. Good luck in your new position!

18. Suzy Plantamura says:

Great news for CK and big congrats Jennafer!!! Suzy

19. Jody says:

Yaaaaaay Jennafer!
    BTW…You just haven’t had any good funnel cake,
    to appreciate the delicacy that it truly is ;)

20. readmorebooks says:

I’ll take any funnel cake you don’t want! What kind of fair food do you like? The fried Snickers? I haven’t been brave enuf to try it, but it’s everywhere.

Congratulations, it sounds like you know what you’re doing and we’re happy to have you aboard CK!

Charlene

21. Congratulations Jennafer! :) I am looking forward to all you have to bring to CK! and really, you don’t like funnel cake? do you like donuts? surely you must’ve had a bad one!

22. CONGRATS JENNAFER! So much deserved..you will be fantastic. Love you and miss you so freaking much!!!

23. P.S. Megan forgot to tell everyone how much you LOOOOOOVE glitter. ;-)

24. kelleighr says:

Congratulations Jennafer! Can’t wait to see what you bring to my favorite magazine!

25. Congrats, Jennafer. Love to know more about you!
    Hugs from Brazil

26. Aly Dosdall says:

Yay! Congrats Jennafer! I’m lovin’ that sleek photo of you girl!

27. April Massad says:

Welcome Jennafer!!!

28. Nicole says:

wow, welcome to CK Jennafer and Congrats. CK is a great place and by the way they run their blog and the CK website I can tell they are all really great people to work with who all have a passion for paper crafting.

29. stephanie says:

High Five Sister!!!!! this is amazing great happy news!!!

30. Joy says:

Congrats! What an amazing adventure your career has been! Thanks for sharing it with us!

31. That is FABULOUS news!! Congrats, Jennafer! I’m so excited to hear this. ;)

32. Congratulations, Jennafer! Exciting news!

33. Pingback: Special Guest Blogger: Jennafer Martin « Creating Keepsakes Blog

34. Linda Beeson says:

So, so happy to see my friend Jennafer in this great position!

35. Pingback: With the Pros Wednesday – ‘Tis the Season « Paper Crafts Connection