ode to maurianne

We’re feeling a little blue today. Tomorrow an amazing editor and a total doll of a person is packing up and heading on her way. Maurianne Dunn, who has been a vital cog in our company machine, is moving on to continue her education. We wish her well in her life after CK, but we will miss her! Add your greetings to those of our team by leaving a comment for our darling girl.

We love this girl!
We love this girl!

Maurianne, you have been nothing less than a complete pleasure to work with. Thank you for everything, for every way that you contributed to CK! All the best.   – Becky Higgins, Contributing Editor

Maurianne is the quiet, calm member of our team. She always brings such a fresh, well-thought-out perspective to our team (and she is never frazzled). I will miss her adorable outfits every day, her keen eye and attention to detail, and most of all her little comments that catch me off guard and make me giggle. You will knock them dead, Maurianne. Good luck and I wish nothing but the best for you. You are a shining star!   – Lori Anderson, Online Managing Editor

Maurianne is the greatest friend and editor anyone could have. I have sure enjoyed getting to know her through emails. She is one TALENTED woman and CK sure will never be the same without her. Thanks, Maurianne, for all you have done!  LUFF    –Mandy Douglass, Contributing Editor

Ode to Maurianne (a double haiku)

Helpful, skilled, cheerful,

Fashionable and smart, her

Cleverness inspires.

Maurianne’s so great,

Talented and wonderful,

Words cannot express.

– Jennafer Martin, Editor-in-Chief

Maurianne, you’re a class act! Your calm, friendly energy always puts me at ease and you never cease to impress me with your intelligence and creativity. You’re a wonderful problem solver, a fantastic writer/editor and one snazzy dresser. I’m going to miss all of these things about you. But most of all, I’m going to miss you. However, knowing that you’ll be off following your dreams makes all of this easier. I’m proud of you for taking this leap. You’re going to rock grad school, just as you rock everything else that you put your mind to!           –Megan Hoeppner, Creative Editor

Maurianne, you are amazingly talented and will be much missed. Thanks for always crossing my t’s and dotting my i’s. I appreciate your eye for all things cool. It has been fun to be inspired by things that inspire you. I love your lovely classic fashion sense that makes you appear as much of a lady on the outside as you truly are on the inside. I wish you the best in your future and know you will accomplish great things!   – Erin Bayless, Art Director

Words to describe Maurianne as a coworker: Thoughtful, professional, organized, conscientious, reliable.

Words to describe Maurianne as a person: Classy, witty, intelligent, generous, devout.

Words to describe Maurianne as a friend: Amazing, patient, kind, supportive, irreplaceable.

Beth Opel, Online Senior Editor

I’ve loved working with Maurianne—she’s kind and helpful, has a fun personality and a great style. She’s a fantastic editor with an inspiring command of the English language. We’re sure going to miss her around here!   – Lori Fairbanks, Product Editor

Maurianne is an incredible person and has been a pleasure to have in the CK family. I will miss having her on our team for so many reasons:

• She is an amazing friend.
  • She is organized, dependable and efficient.
  • She shares a love for the Chicago Manual of Style and understands why rules of grammar and usage are fascinating.
  • Her behind-the-scenes work has helped the magazine be the incredible publication it is.
  • She is a team player and willingly helps out with any project as needed.

We’re excited for Maurianne’s new adventure, but we are sure going to miss working with her each day!   – Brittany Beattie, Managing Editor

Keep in touch, Maurianne! Go reach for the stars!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

29 Responses to ode to maurianne

1. cindy tobey says:

Maurianne, I’ve really enjoyed and have been inspired by your work in CK. I’ve also enjoyed working with you. You are very talented and I wish you the best in your future endeavors! I know you will be successful!

2. cindy tobey says:

3. Karen says:

Good luck in your future endeavors. You truly are a gifted person and enjoyed reading and having you share the same passion of scrapbooking as I. I hope that you continue to keep in touch and let us hear from you — have a guest spot in an issue!

Wishing you lots of luck — you’ll do fine!

4. Karen says:

Wishing you lots of luck — you’ll do fine!

5. Paper Crafts Online says:

Maurianne, I’ll miss you — but your lovely sense of fashion and that adorable new hairstyle will brighten the halls of grad school in a way they’ve never seen! Good luck, and please come back to visit!

–Jennifer Schaerer

6. Paper Crafts Online says:

–Jennifer Schaerer

7. Maurianne says:

Thanks everyone! There’s nothing quite like opening the CK blog in the morning to see your own face staring back at you. *blushes* I’ve loved working for CK, and I’ll keep an eye out for all the goings on here after I leave. Oh, and Jennafer, that haiku was fantastic. :)

8. Maurianne says:

9. Amanda says:

Maurianne, dude. Bestest of best wishes to you in the next adventure that awaits! I’ve very much appreciated getting to know you and your organized ways. You rock!

10. Amanda says:

11. Mou says:

Maurianne, you know how much I LOVED working with you. I’m lucky to have met you. You are so gentle :) Wish you the very best for the future. I’m going to miss you!!!

12. Mou says:

13. readmorebooks says:

Best Wishes on your education and thanks for all your hard work at CK!
    Charlene-

14. readmorebooks says:

Best Wishes on your education and thanks for all your hard work at CK!
    Charlene-

15. Laina Lamb says:

Good luck with your continuing education and beyond. You were great to work with and I appreciate the opportunities you gave to me.

16. Laina Lamb says:

17. Brenda H says:

good luck with your new adventures! It was great getting to know you – you were awesome to work with. Hugs!

18. Brenda H says:

19. Kim Watson says:

Maurianne…it was fantastic working with you! I wish you much success & happiness where ever you find yourself in the future! You will be missed by CK fans around the world :)
    Hugs from down ‘South’!

20. Kim Watson says:

Hugs from down ‘South’!

21. Davinie says:

Good luck and best wishes to you, Maurianne!

22. Davinie says:

Good luck and best wishes to you, Maurianne!

23. I just shared my love of donuts to my coworkers (and the fact that we had a donut tower at my wedding), but I have not gotten a break from the donut jokes since. Guess I was right all along!

24. I just shared my love of donuts to my coworkers (and the fact that we had a donut tower at my wedding), but I have not gotten a break from the donut jokes since. Guess I was right all along!

25. April Massad says:

You have been so awesome to work with Maurianne!!! You are so sweet! I know I will miss you! :) Best of luck!!!
    April

26. April Massad says:

April

27. Becky Olsen says:

You are a shining star Maurianne, and I wish you the very best in your new adventures!
    B-

28. Becky Olsen says:

B-

29. SEP is a diary in which patients recorded each sexual attempt made throughout the study. ,