The October issue of Creating Keepsakes is now on newsstands, and we’re thrilled to share it with you. We’re especially excited because this issue is themed as our “Top 10” issue for 2009. In the magazine you’ll find the top 10 tips and ideas for numerous topics. Since I can’t fit them all in one post (without making it over 10 feet in length), I’ll share an overview of 10 of my favorite articles from the issue. Did I mention that the magazine provides over 10 outstanding ideas for each of these topics?
1. Clever new ways to dress up chipboard
2. Fun and inexpensive font finds for your most-scrapbooked themes
3. Pictures to capture your life every month of the year—that’s 120 photo ideas in the article!
4. The best photos to take this fall
5. Design tips for scrapbooking Halloween festivities
6. Fun activities to participate in throughout the month
7. Free type paths for journaling in a shape (You’ll find them as free downloads in this article.)
8. Top tips for adding stitching to your layouts
9. Layouts about yourself (I know you may not want to make them, but it’s worth taking the time! Get started with one of these six easy quizzes.)
10. The best adhesives in 10 categories (Our editorial team spent over eight hours testing boxes of different brands and products to find the best ones for your creativity.)
And now for a little behind-the-scenes peek into the creation of the October 2009 issue.
In our April issue, we called for your “Amazing Pages.” Boy, did we have a hard time narrowing the submissions. The task was too difficult, so rather than stopping at just 10 pages, we selected 20. We shared 10 of them in the magazine, and you’ll find the other 10 here.
On pages 50–51, you saw a glimpse of the amazingly talented Mou Saha’s craft room. We’re pleased to share her blog with you as well, so you can get to know her (and be inspired by her) even more.
To test the adhesives for #10 above, we scored all the products using this rubric.
We saw many more Halloween-themed products than we could fit into the magazine. For example, you saw some of this great Trick or Treat line from Little Yellow Bicycle, but I couldn’t resist showing you these accents as well.
And check out this festive Eerie collection from BasicGrey.
You’re sure to find this delightful Spooky Town collection from Imaginisce to be a real treat. I love it!
Plus, I can think of plenty of ways to use Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels to add a spooky feeling to my scrapbook pages.
A Halloween Giveaway
In addition to the 10 great sweepstakes being held in conjunction with the magazine, we have a special giveaway just for our blog readers. Our team has put together 5 goodie bags filled with Halloween product (including the fabulous products in this post) waiting for you! Leave a comment on this post by this Friday (September 18) telling us your favorite article or tip from the October issue for your chance to win. Winners will be announced early next week.
Brittany Beattie, Managing Editor, Creating Keepsakes