Hello again, dear blog readers! Today, we bring you a very special announcement.
This year, we teamed up with Simple Scrapbooks to search for the most amusing, entertaining, silly and witty scrapbooker out there: The Funnest Scrapbooker Ever (for 2009). We asked those zany enough to enter to:
- Tell us a joke.
- Tell us in 100 words why they should be crowned the Funnest Scrapbooker Ever (for 2009).
- Send a wacky photo of themselves (wearing a costume, imitating a statue, etc).
- Send a picture of their Funniest. Layout. Ever.
- Create three playful layouts: one with a playful photo trick, one with a playful stamping trick, and one with a playful title or journaling trick.
We’re still recovering from the excessive-laughter-induced bellyaches that judging this contest created. And when the laughter (finally!) died down, we had our winner. A scrapbooker so funny she has blamed a fictional character for her car accident, actually owns a clown wig, and has created a layout with journaling that ends: “He was right. I was wrong. That happens so rarely that I thought I should document it.” Congratulations to:
Terri Davenport of Toledo, Ohio!
Terri will enjoy the following prizes during her reign:
- A tiara and sash
- A mustache-a-day kit
- $300 shopping spree at twopeasinabucket.com
- $300 shopping spree at lifetimemoments.com
- $200 shopping spree at littlemissmatched.com
- Her photo and layouts published in a future magazine issue
Here’s one of Terri’s hilarious page entries for your laughing enjoyment:
Isn’t she a hoot?
Congratulations, also, to Autumn Baldwin and Emily Higbee, our two runners-up, who will not only step in and fulfill Terri’s duties should she be unable to complete her reign, but will each receive a $100 shopping spree at twopeasinabucket.com, a tiara and sash, and a mustache-a-day kit.
Here’s Autumn’s silly joke:
Q: What do you call cheese that doesn’t belong to you?
A: Nacho cheese! (Get it? Not-yo cheese)
And here’s Emily’s silly joke:
Top 5 signs you might be a scrapbooker:
- You’ve stayed up all night surfing the Internet for a sneak peak of the new “In colors” from Stampin’ Up!
- You’ve spent an hour in desperate indecision over using the last “e” from your favorite pack of Thickers.
- You’ve shown up at you’re husband’s uncle’s home (which happens to be near the hospital) in the middle of the night in labor, wanting to borrow his camera.
- Your outing with your girlfriends is ruined when you stop at the scrapbook store and start throwing elbows over the last Heidi Swapp mask.
- You purchase your daughter’s Easter dresses to match that perfect patterned paper.
Thanks to everyone who entered!