CHA Winter 2010: Insider’s Look

It’s another sunny day in Anaheim, California, and things are heating up at the winter 2010 Craft & Hobby Association (CHA) tradeshow. In today’s insider’s look at the happenings around the show floor, we’re peeking in on some of the excellent make & takes and project demonstrations going on. (‘Cause you know we love project ideas!)

Making Memories
Let’s start with a visit to the Making Memories booth. I can see their enormous die-cut butterfly chandelier from here!

There’s been a lot of buzz on the show floor about the new hands-free Slice die-cutting system that made that chandelier. Let’s see what it’s all about.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY6KGHbvaiU]

Ranger Industries

The ever-so-talented Claudine Hellmuth taught a class here at CHA on how to create a slew of different looks using her new sticky back canvas from Ranger Industries. She offered us an inside look at two of her awesome techniques.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyQutuUsxo8]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faAW7bCO7CQ]

Hambly Screen Prints

We adore rub-ons, and all the crazy ways you can use them to dress-up everything from notebooks to scrapbook pages to jewelry. Jewelry? Oh yes! Allison Abad showed us how to personalize simple wooden bangles . . . Hambly style.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuODfBjbHhw]

Of course, half the fun at CHA is the chance we all get to hang out with friends, old and new! Here’s an insider’s look at lunch with the contributors to both Creating Keepsakes and Paper Crafts magazine.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vfbAO4vGlg]

We still have two more days of fun here in California, and many more exciting ideas to share with you. What has been your favorite product or technique so far? Leave us a comment for a chance to receive your own CHA prize package!

Have a wonderful day!
Kim Jackson, Senior Editor

This entry was posted in Insider's Look, Product, Technique, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

131 Responses to CHA Winter 2010: Insider’s Look

1. abbey says:

love those butterflies!

2. Carrie says:

I love rub-ons and love anything to do with them!

3. Lesley F says:

Love the videos and the chandelier is wonderful!

4. Lesley VW says:

WOW! That butterfly chandelier is amazing! I’ll have to figure out a way to do that with my Cricut. I don’t think my hubby would go for yet another paper crafting “necessity.” :)

5. Erica says:

The chandelier is beautiful as are the rub-ons by Hambly!

Thanks for all the sneak peeks!

6. Melanie C says:

I really want a handsfree Slice!!!!

7. Haidee says:

********;) I really like the rub on to the wooden bangels!!!*********
    Great way to make your own style!!! ;)

8. Pam of Memphis says:

I would love to have a Slice from Making Memories, thinking of so many things one is able to do with it from embellishments to jewelry. Love the bracelet and rub ons that were created. See the Slice would help greatly in those areas. :)

9. conniemelancon says:

Thanks for the peeks! I am loving the paper lines!

10. Regina Jones says:

love the chandelier! very intrested in the slice and they sticky back canvas! wish I could of been there!!

11. LIndsay Slater says:

I love the bracelets. What a cool idea! Thanks for sharing all the cool new products with all of us!

12. Ruth DeClercq says:

The butterfly chandelier is beautiful and reminds me of the window and door curtains of the 60’s-except then it was long strings of beads and macramae. Thank you for the sticky back canvas demos. I have not used that product yet.

13. Mary Ashby says:

I have an Expression and a Big Shot, but have held out on jumping on board with a Slice too… Sounds like they’re going to make it harder and harder to resist! ;)

14. Julie B. says:

The Making Memories Slice has certainly been catching my eye lately, also loved the sticky back canvas by Ranger, very cool!

15. Kim Jackson says:

Pamela J, we’ll have to make sure we get some sticky back canvas action going on some pages soon — it’s amazing for accents!

16. Danell says:

Wow! So much great stuff! Thanks for sharing via video.

17. Christel says:

I already have a cricut but would love to have a Slice too and seeing the Hands free Slice has definitely convinced me to get one.

18. Ramona P says:

I am a sucker for Hambly stuff. They are so great.

19. Debbie says:

Wow! Everything looks so neat and fun. Thank you for the videos.

20. Mary Morris says:

I’m excited to try the Ranger sticker backed canvas ideas presented by Claudine. They look amazing! Of course, the hands free slice has to be my top choice of new tools. It looks awesome. Cheers, Mary

21. Heather says:

Love the rubons!! too cool. would be a great project for a girls party too.

22. Heather says:

Love the rubons!! too cool. would be a great project for a girls party too.

23. Kasondra F says:

I love want a Slice *longing sigh* and the adhesive back canvas looks really interesting as well.

24. Kelly Marie says:

Loving the Claudine techniques! (and all of your videos!)

25. Kelly Marie says:

Loving the Claudine techniques! (and all of your videos!)

26. Tiffany E. says:

The small, lightweight, hands-free Slice looks pretty great. But I’m still in love with my Cricut. Thanks for the peek at CHA! I wish I’d been able to go :(

27. REBECCA H. says:

THANKS FOR THE VIDEOS. I LIKE BEING ABLE TO SEE WHAT PRODUCTS CAN DO BEFORE I BUY.

28. Haidee says:

*****I just got my winning package!!!*** WOW!!!! Thanks again!!! I’m so blessed!!! Thanks again!! My hubby said “thanks” now he doesn’t have to buy these fantastic gifts!!! :) :) :) I’m soo HAPPY!!!! I just can’t believe all that I got….2 distress ink, 2 packages of ‘say it in pearls’, 1 package of designer rhinestones (I just started using these), 1 package of floral embellishments, 20pc collection pack ( which is outstanding), and 4oz claudine hellmuth with paint. YEAH!! :) Thanks again!!!******

29. Haidee says:

30. Pingback: Latest & Greatest Products: March/April 2010 « Creating Keepsakes Blog

31. Saleena scrapping in AK says:

What great ideas!! Thanks so much for showing those uf us the videos who couldn’t be there. Makes you want to get up and start working right away!! On top of it all thanks for the chance to win 