Weekly Warm-Up: Why Do You Love Scrapbooking?

The CK Scrapper Bowl has begun! Each day this week, you’ll find articles at the CK Scrapper Bowl site featuring scrapbooking tips from the coach’s playbook, recipes for the big game, creative challenges, and more. Here’s the starting lineup of the articles:

* Monday: The “Are You Ready for Some Football?” article provides a blitz of great ideas for sports pages.
* Tuesday: Our “Get a Quarter Back” article teaches money-saving ideas for your scrapbooks.
* Wednesday: Move down the field one yard at a time–our “Yard Lines” article shares five ways to incorporate fabric into your albums.
* Thursday: Run the X and O plays from the coach’s playbook using ideas for scrapbooking relationships with loved ones in our “XOXO” article.
* Friday: Check out the “Red Zone” article for color tips to help you add a touch of red to your scrapbook pages.
* Saturday: Use the ideas in our “Touchdown” article help you scrapbook your successes.
* Sunday: Wrap up the week by catching the post-game action in our “On the Sidelines” article for great border ideas for your pages.

Create Your Commercial about Why You Love Scrapbooking

In conjunction with the CK Scrapper Bowl festivities, we’re hosting a commercial contest. After all, I’m sure most of us are as excited about the commercials during the Super Bowl as we are about the game itself. In that spirit of the love of commercials, we hope you’ll participate by creating your own video for a weekly warm-up!

Submitting is easy—and it’s sure to be fun! Here’s how:

1. Create a 60-second commercial about why you love scrapbooking.

2. Upload your video to YouTube.

3. Provide the URL link for your YouTube video in the comments section of this article.

Our CK team will select favorites throughout the week to highlight in the following categories:
* Best Comedy
* Most Heart-Warming
* Most Dramatic
* Best Documentary
* Best Romantic Comedy
* Best Action
* Most Professional Execution

We’d love to have you join the festivities for the CK Scrapper Bowl! To get started, you can even download two free blinkies and the CK Scrapper Bowl logo to use on your projects.

We can’t wait to see your commercials about why you love scrapbooking!

—Brittany Beattie, online senior editor

This entry was posted in Online Event, weekly warm up and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Weekly Warm-Up: Why Do You Love Scrapbooking?

1. Candace B. says:

I love scrapbooking because I get to relive the memories. My mother has dementia and it helps her too! However, I really don’t “live” in the past. Ha!

2. Candace B. says:

3. Lynn says:

Scrapper Bowl sounds great. I can’t make a video but did write a post on my blog just the other day about why I scrapbook. Mainly it’s for enjoyment & recording precious memories, but recently it has also been really helpful for my Gran who has Dementia. I created an album for her which is used everyday in her therapy. I’m still adding to it & hope to get a copy of Preserving Their Stories to help me.

Why I Scrapbook

4. Lynn says:

Why I Scrapbook

5. Nicole says:

So excited I’m about to put the blinkie on my blog

6. Nicole says:

So excited I’m about to put the blinkie on my blog

7. Amber says:

I love to scrapbook to record the blessings I have been given and to let my creativity grow and flourish! Its a beautiful way to leave your mark on this life!

8. Amber says:

9. Jacinda says:

I can’t make a video either, but I did a layout about it:

10. Jacinda says:

I can’t make a video either, but I did a layout about it:

11. Melissa says:

I scrapbook because I find it to be a huge stress reliever. I get sucked up into the project I’m working on and everything else melts away. I also take pride in showing others how easy it is to be creative. Being the family archivist is a very important job, I love a job that is fun and important!

12. Melissa says: