Guest Blogger: Lisa Bearnson

Hello Everyone!

Long time no see or talk! I’m excited to be a guest blogger for the Creating Keepsakes blog! It’s fun to still associate with the good people at CK and the magazine I love so much.

Life for me is extremely busy. My son, Collin, recently said hat he can’t tell a difference between when I worked or didn’t work because I’m busy all the time. I just had to smile as I realized once again that I truly create my own chaos. But, I’ve decided that’s what makes me tick.

Just had to share a fun experience with you. For the first time in my life, I was a student at a CK event! On April 30th and May 1st, I attended CK’s Scrap & Play at the Provo, Utah Marriott. A bunch of my pals went with me and we celebrated a friend’s birthday birthday at this wonderful event and crop.

Okay–I’m here to tell you that it was a BLAST and well worth the $125.00 fee. The freebies alone were well worth the price. There was class after class where we created amazing pages and albums (a lot of them) from CK’s editorial and events teams, and Teresa Collins. We also made 16 adorable cards from Close to My Heart. (They gave us an entire set of stamps to use with the cards.) Just wanted to share with you one of the albums I made (my favorite!). It was created by CK’s Annette Hardy and just check out her amazing flowers! The stem of the brad flower is just one of the little brad “feet.” The other flowers were created with floss and paper. Very clever, Annette!

On top of all this, there were free massages, manicures, pedicures and makeup consulting. Also, an open candy bar (tons of yummy stuff– I was a happy girl) and fun music playing in the background (every participant got a copy on CD of all the music).

What a happy, fun weekend! I just found out that a second Scrap & Play will be held at the Provo Marriott on October 15-16. Teresa Collins along with Margie Romney-Aslett will be joining the event.

You can save your spot on June 23rd by going to scrap_and_play.com (the site will be valid onĀ or after June 23, 2010). Make a plan to come by and treat yourself to a week-end of scrapbooking, relaxation, pampering and fun!

Hope the last few weeks of school are treating you right. And here’s a happy thought–summer and warm weather are right around the corner.

Find Joy in the Journey!

Lisa B., founding editor

P.S. Don’t forget to download a free font today as part of Free Font Friday. You can download the CK Penman font here.

This entry was posted in General Inspiration, Guest Blogger, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Guest Blogger: Lisa Bearnson

1. {vicki} says:

Looks like fun

2. Tami Lopez says:

Can’t believe Lisa is the “guest” blogger. So fun to hear about such a great event. I would love a scrap and play on the east coast. Sounds like so much fun. :-)

3. Tammy says:

Lisa.. You look great.. and that really looks like an awesome time. It’s a little to far for me and my scrappn buddies to get to Provo … (from the DC Metro area).. but you know if we could.. we would!!

4. Vicky says:

Hi Lisa! You look great! Awesome that you got to attend an event instead of giving it, I bet it was a blast. I wish it were closer, I would love to go!

5. Vanessa W says:

Hi Lisa! So nice to see you! Wish we could see you more! I love CTMH stamps, there the best!!! What a fun time and be scrappin’ with your buddies!

6. Samantha T. says:

Sounds like so much fun!

7. Chris D. says:

Sounds like so much fun! Any chance there might be a Scrap n Play in the Baltimore, Md/DC area soon? (hint hint!!) :-)

8. Janet says:

Florida would be a nice place to have a “scrap ‘n play!” Tampa or Sarasota or somewhere on the West coast would be ideal. Maybe…someday…

9. Carol M. says:

I’ve been wondering where you were hanging out, Lisa!! Glad you all had a great time!

10. Shawn Wenrich says:

Lisa I luv seeing you on the CK blog! Hope you’re enjoying your busy not working days, lol.

11. Jan P says:

Hi Lisa, I am SO glad to see you here. I’ve wondered HOW you are since the day I saw you on QVC & caught you say it was your last. I was SO sad to see that, couldn’t believe my ears. Hope you are enjoying your family and all is well. Please check back sometime, as your fans love ya! Happy May!

12. Pingback: CK Community Blog

13. Raeanne C says:

Hi Lisa! So good to see you. Looks like your enjoying your time, that’s great! Miss ya on QVC but I know you have lots to keep you busy (same with me). hmmm I think Southern California would be an EXCELLENT spot for a Scrap n Play :-) Take care