It’s got so many fun, must-try ideas inside, including the article “Fabulous Flower Techniques” by Jennifer McGuire with instructions for making handmade flowers.
And “Branches On Our Family Tree” by Mou Saha about celebrating family connections. Check out this darling page by Mou from her article.
Want to know more about this issue? Here are some fun tidbits from the CK team:
- Isn’t the article design for the “Branches on Our Family Tree” article fun? It’s a favorite of CK designer Neko Carrillo. She says, “The design team had fun coming up with goofy family members for our family tree opener and a great time watching Nicole LaRue sketch each one.”
- Want to know where the idea for the “No Photo? No Problem?” article came from? Readers like you! Jennafer Martin says, “We got letters and suggestions on our Facebook fan page for an article with solutions for those times when you don’t have the right photo but want to scrapbook anyway, and this is the result. Thanks to Dream Team member Deena Wuest who took on the task of writing this article!”
- Betcha can’t tell, but Megan Hoeppner’s “Sew Sweet” layout in the “Latest & Greatest” column on page 47 was actually created with product prototypes from My Little Yellow Bicycle, as the finished products weren’t yet available. They’re available now, check them out here.
- The hands shown in the step-by-step shots on page 52 are actually Kim Watson’s talented hands. Ordinarily, we shoot hand shots in our studio, but since she’s on another continent, she went ahead and did these for us. Didn’t she do a fantastic job?
- The day our team went out to Margie Romney-Aslett’s home to shoot this month’s creative space (page 56), there was a terrible snow storm. Miraculously, we still got the shots and everything went off without a hitch.
- This was the first issue of the magazine that Kim Jackson worked on. She says, Oh, man, what a ride! I started the week before Christmas, and dove right in to writing my first column. I was sitting here in a half-organized cubicle—aka, Fort Product—trying to make decisions on what amazing CHA sneak-peek products to feature in the Latest & Greatest column. I loved it all! It was pretty surreal.” We’re so glad to have Kim on the team! Check out her product picks on page 47 of the May/June issue.
- Do you relate to Deena’s Wuest’s layout “Before Kids/After Kids”? Dorathy Gilchrist does. She says, “Deena’s layout is a hilarious because it’s true! Her design really reflects the pace and tone of life before and after having kids.”
What were your favorite things about this issue? Leave us a comment by Friday, May 21, 2010 and you could be one of three lucky winners to receive a sampling of the gorgeous Flutter collection from Making Memories.
–Lori Fairbanks, editor