Guest Blogger: Sharon Ann from Little Yellow Bicycle

Hello from Little Yellow Bicycle (LYB)! I’m Sharon Ann, one of the lead designers at LYB, and I’m tickled to share a little piece of cheerfulness with you all. Two of the things that rank really high on my list of favorites are sunshine and daisies (white, specifically), and they are featured on this page.

It features one of our latest collections, Free Spirit. When designing this line, I tried to offer that fresh, youthful appeal of the peace-love-and-happiness trend we’re seeing everywhere, but I made sure to also include elements that would lend some extra sophistication as well. There really is something for everyone!
I’ve worked in some fun techniques on my layout to bring dimension and movement into the page, plus a nice assortment of mediums—including fabric-covered chipboard (fun!), acetate, and a paper-ribbon accent.

I’m including directions for you, which you can download here, along with some step shots below. This page is fun and fast, and it will be just perfect for one of your favorite summertime photos!  Hope you love it!

We’re busy working on some wonderful new collections for the CHA show coming up next month, and we can’t wait for you to see them!  Visit our blog or our Facebook page for sneak peeks, product giveaways, and fun inspiration!

Have a wonderful summer!

Sharon Ann

P.S. Don’t forget to download this week’s Free Font Friday font: CK Zenship. You’ll find it for free download here.

This entry was posted in Guest Blogger, How-Tos, Product, Technique and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Guest Blogger: Sharon Ann from Little Yellow Bicycle

1. Nita says:

LYB has become one of my favorite designers! Love your products.

2. Haley D. says:

What a cool layout! Thanks for the instructions and for the free font too!

3. Linda says:

I love the name of your company–reminds me of summer. I also love to use daisies (my bridesmaids’ bouquets were fresh daisies–circa 1976) whenever possible. They’re not fussy, just plain and to the point, and their simplicity is so refreshing, whether it’s in a vase or on a layout.

4. Joanne S says:

As a child of the 60′s, I fell in love with this line. I was thinking of how I could use it in a layout and this is perfect. Will you be teaching this class in the future?

5. Kim Watson says:

Hi Sharon Ann thanks for sharing your lovely page! It certainly is sunny & cheerful! Thanks for the step by step. I am loving the LYB new ranges too…they are all such fun to work with.

6. charlene says:

Very cool page!

7. Cynthia says:

Thank you Sharon for the sunny inspiration. The layout is bright and cheerful, just like our hot summer days!

8. Kai says:

I LOVE the Free Spirit collection, absolutely adore it! LYB is my fave company/design… thanks Sharon for the page inspiration. I can’t wait to see what y’all come out with at CHA!!