Spotting trends is one of our CHA show highlights. We love seeing commonalities between different booths, products, and projects, as well as fresh looks that are just emerging here and there. Whether you enjoy trend spotting or are just interested in seeing a few inspiring ideas, you’re in for a treat with this post, which explores some of the latest and greatest looks to be found at CHA Summer 2010.
Trend #1: Accordion-Folded Flowers
These happy treats were in bloom all over the show floor. How fun it was to see so many different applications. Here are a few of the delights we spotted:
* Jumbo accordion-folded flowers from Glitz Design.
* Awesome folded flower accents from Studio Calico.
* Super-sized folded flowers drew the eye to The Girls’ Paperie booth. How stunning!
* These premade flower accents with folded flair are from American Crafts.
Trend #2: Big Bling
When it comes to scrapbooking, bling is nothing new, but the big bling is definitely on the rise. These fabulous accents are sure to make a mega impact on any of your pretty projects!
* Teresa Collins came out with an entire blinged assortment!
* Glitz Design does big bling well with these massive rhinestones.
* Maya Road has an impressive assortment of gems.
Trend #3: Alice & Wonderland
Talk about a fun twist on Halloween and whimsy. Inspired by the popular book and movies of Alice & Wonderland, this trend is full of magical fun!
* Graphic 45’s “Halloween in Wonderland” line is frightfully fun!
* Look at this lovely Alice rendition put together by Die Cuts with a View. It’s “Street Lace,” and it’s completely striking!
* American Crafts got in on the Alice action with their “Enchanted” line. Aren’t the teacups adorable?
What do you think? Are these looks you can see yourself incorporating into your pages? Do you have a favorite of the three trends highlighted? We’d love to hear your thoughts on this trendy talk. Leave a comment here before Friday, August 6, 2010 at 9:00 a.m. for your chance to win a CHA prize package!
Megan Hoeppner, CK creative editor