Weekly Warm-Up: Make Creative, Easy Photo Corners

Photo corners used to be a functional way to attach your photos to your scrapbook layouts. Now, they’re also a way to add a bit of style. Using supplies you already have in your scrap supply stash, you can create custom photo corners with ease. Here are a few ideas you can try today.

Creative Photo Corner #1: Brad Meets Bling

Place a series of glitter-topped brads around your photo’s corner. Idea by Piradee Talvanna; Photo by Brittany Beattie. Appeared in the Creating Keepsakes magazine September 2010 issue.

Creative Photo Corner #2: Border Strip Meets Scissors

Cut small triangles from a scalloped border strip and adhere them as your photo corners. Idea and photo by Brittany Beattie. Appeared in the Creating Keepsakes magazine September 2010 issue.

Creative Photo Corner #3: Button Meets Ribbon

Fold a leftover ribbon scrap into a V, and add a coordinating button. Idea and photo by Megan Hoeppner. Appeared in the Creating Keepsakes magazine special issue Super-Fast Pages with 4×6 Photos, Volume 2.

These are just a few examples of fun and easy photo corners you can create with supplies you have on hand. Try dressing up your next scrapbook layout with handmade photo corners. Then share your creations at our online gallery. (You’ll need to create a free account in order to post.) After you post it, leave a comment with the URL of your page on this article, so other scrapbookers can easily find your creative photo-corner ideas.

Happy creating!

—Jennafer Martin, editor-in-chief

This entry was posted in Technique, weekly warm up and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Weekly Warm-Up: Make Creative, Easy Photo Corners

1. Natalie says:

I uploaded this layout a while ago, but I made some “unique” photo corners on it. I cut a regular cardstock mat with a 1/8″ border for each photo, inked the edges, and then instead of just adhering it to the photo, I cut slits in each corner and slipped the corners of the photos through them. I folded the mat corners over and finished them off with a brad :) Easy peasy, but I am kind of proud of them ;-)

2. {vicki} says:

Gret ideas–thanks for sharing

3. charlene says:

great ideas!

4. Deb says:

I had read an article in your magazine on this topic and “lifted” one of the ideas featured in it, which showed photo corners made of paper clips and brads. It was the perfect accent to a page I did about the “Tools of My Trade”, detailing what I use in my daily vocation as a proofreader.

5. NanaBeth says:

I love all of these ideas. I intend to incorporate them in my projects asap.

6. Cathy H. says:

Great ideas – will definitely keep these in mind!

7. Kim Watson says:

These ideas…& all the others in the September issue were so clever & creative. I am definitely going to try them out. TFS!

8. Tammy says:

Great idea thanks for sharing. Have any idea’s for military pages?

9. Mou says:

Such cute ideas!

10. Andrea Johnson says:

Great ideas! Love the button/ribbon one!

11. Summer says:

I love the ideas, especially Megan’s ribbon/button corners, but I have to say the photo in idea number one is my favorite part of this post!

12. Christy Strickler says:

I used DMC floss and a brad to stitch a photo corner.