Halloween is just around the corner! While you’re planning your costume and your holiday home décor, why not pick up some scrapbook supplies to match! You’ll be all ready to get started on your Halloween layouts as soon as you print your photos. This year, we can’t get enough of elegantly eerie Halloween designs, and we love how it looks on layouts like these:
Notice how the pretty black flowers, white on black text print, and red accents bring Victorian-infused drama to this Halloween-themed layout by Jill Marie Paulson.
The fancy frames and formal fireplace mantel on this layout by Suzy Plantamura give this layout a foreboding aura.
If you love this look you’re in luck because there are several pretty spooky Halloween lines on the market. Here are a couple of products you’ll want to be sure to check out!
- Anna Griffin’s delightfully dark Esmerelda collection. Get it in time for Halloween! The Esmerelda Kit includes the entire collection, one of each embellishment and two of each paper. The kit is $39.95 with free shipping and ships the second week in October.
- Pink Paislee’s bewitching Hocus Pocus line. Elegant scrolls and flourishes meet skeletons and spiders. A fun twist to the design of this line is that the palette is a little bit lighter than you might expect for a Halloween collection, yet it’s still delightfully spooky.
- Creative Imaginations’ spectacularly sinister Wicked line. This black and cream line incorporates ravens, bats, skeletons, spiderwebs, black cats and devilishly gothic fonts.
- Martha Stewart Crafts’ eerie, austere Vampire invitations and labels. Use these invitations and labels as intended, or cut them up and use them on your scrapbook layouts—either way they’ll add a wonderfully wicked feel to your holiday.
- Stampin’ Up!’s Nite Owl patterned papers and Raven 1/2″ lace trim. Not only are these papers pretty spooky, they’re also fun. Edgar Allen Poe’s poem “The Raven” serves as fill text on one design, and another provides Bingo cards with Halloween words.
Want to win a sampling of these pretty spooky products? We’ve got a set to give away! Leave us a comment and tell us about your favorite Halloween costume or party décor. We’ll draw a random comment next week—be sure to check the Giveaways tab to see if you’ve won!
–Lori Fairbanks, editor
p.s. Also be sure to enter the Pretty Spooky Sweepstakes. Hurry, contest ends October 31, 2010.