Halloween is almost here and today I have two fun projects for you: one easy home décor project and a way to dress up inexpensive treat bags.
Let’s get started.
You will need: black cardstock, rectangular glass vases, dies and die-cutting machine, adhesive, votives, and decorative stone.
Supplies: Cardstock: Recollections; Vases: Michaels; Dies and die-cutting machine: Sixxix; Adhesive: 3M; Votive candles and decorative stone: IKEA.
1. Start with the rectangular glass vase.
2. Die cut raven, cat and house out of black cardstock.
Attach die-cuts to the outside of the vases with removable adhesive, so you can peel them off easily. Add decorative stones and place votive candles inside and watch the spooky shadows of the raven, cat, and haunted house dance on your walls (Light candles carefully, don’t leave them unattended).
And now, let’s decorate a few treat bags.
Supplies: Cardstock: Recollections; Embossing folders: Sizzix; Ink and blending tool: Ranger Industries; Adhesive: 3M; Treat bags: Michaels.
- I used the Texture Boutique embossing machine and Texture Fades Embossing folders (Halloween Night and Poison).
1. Emboss ivory cardstock using the Poison embossing folder and Texture Boutique machine.
2. Trim off excess around the label.
3. Use blending tool to rub on distress ink to catch on the raised image.
4. Pick out themed treat bags and fill them with treats.
5. Fold kraft cardstock cut to size and staple on the bag to close.
6. Attach label to the bag with adhesive.
I hope you enjoyed these simple mini tutorials and they’ve given you some fun ideas to add your own handmade touches to Halloween this year.
Don’t forget to check out the October 2010 issue of Creating Keepsakes for many boo-tiful page ideas. And if turning trash to treasure is your thing, then turn to page 107 for my article “Make the Most of Leftovers” and learn how to put your letter sticker backings, your smallest paper scraps, and remnant fabric to good use.
P. S. Don’t miss Free Font Friday. This week, you can download the CK Bendy font for free here.