Editors’ Picks: Top Products of 2010

Kim JacksonWow—2010 has been a whirlwind of a year! With so many amazing products being brought to market, scrapbooking is definitely better than ever. And without a doubt, this was a year full of fabulous collaborations. We saw designers teaming up with companies new and old, and some familiar faces pairing up within the industry. And the results were spectacular!

Here are five of the very best products from 2010:

Sew Easy
We R Memory Keepers

The Sew Easy stitch piercer made its way into our hearts this autumn, encouraging us to add more than a little stitching to our layouts. With its easy-to-use design and fantastic homespun results, the Sew Easy was a gotta-have-it tool in 2010.

Parisian Anthology
Pink Paislee/House of 3

In 2010, Pink Paislee and House of 3 showed us the best way to add a little savoir faire to our layouts: Parisian Anthology! From its emboss-resist papers and gorgeous monochromatic designs to its silk ruffles and bold bling, scrapbookers fell head over heels for this chic collection of papers and embellishments.

Dear Lizzy
American Crafts

Another dynamic duo that emerged in 2010 was the dream team of Elizabeth Kartchner and American Crafts. With Lizzy’s sweet style and American Crafts’ graphic design know-how at work, how could we not grab all we could of the amazing lines they released this year? From Spring and Christmas to Enchanted, scrapbookers everywhere were . . . enchanted.

Sweet Summertime
Echo Park Paper

Echo Park Paper came out of nowhere this year—bursting onto the scene like a bottle rocket with their first release, Sweet Summertime. Echo Park’s fun, bright colors and whimsical, usable designs made Sweet Summertime a must-have for 2010 summer scrapbooking.

Paper Girl and On Holiday
The Girls’ Paperie

Margie Romney-Aslett’s stunning, feminine designs made The Girls’ Paperie the talk of the town in 2010. Paper Girl and On Holiday were everywhere this year! With their unique blend of vintage style (postage stamps, anyone?) and modern sensibilities (how about those budget-friendly letter packs?), these fabulous lines are sure to be your favorites for years to come.

That sure is a lot of style and innovation in one place! We would love to hear your favorite picks of 2010—were there some on our list that made it on to yours?

Happy scrapbooking!

– Kim Jackson, senior editor

P.S. It’s Free Font Friday! Don’t forget to download this week’s free font, CK New Years Eve!

This entry was posted in fonts, Latest & Greatest, Product and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Editors’ Picks: Top Products of 2010

1. Samantha T. says:

You definitely got most of my favorites, but I’d love to add the I-rock and Crate Paper’s amazing Restoration!

2. Sandra ltb says:

great picks!
    I also fell in love with the Basic Grey line Olivia …. and so much more – my room is exploding with goodies!
    Sandra ltb

3. Angela A says:

I don’t have some of these, but have my eye on them! Echo Park is my top pick of 2010! That company rocks!

4. Sabina says:

I agree with you and especially with Sew Easy and AC Dear Lizzy… :-) I also LOVE anything by Echo Park.

5. Denise says:

I have to agree 100% on the Echo Park papers. Both their paper and digital creations are absolutely wonderful. Colorful and their designs are sharp. Love them and can’t wait to buy more of their product.

6. Briana N. says:

Loved the Sassafras collections and the Sew Easy tool is a new favorite of mine!

7. Sav O'G says:

LOVE it all! I always see the newest and greatest stuff on this blog! LOVE LOVE LOVE it all:) THANKS for always inspiring me;)

8. Elizabeth P says:

I am so saving my money to get the sew easy and all its accessories, even if it means peanut butter sandwiches for two weeks !

9. RamonaP says:

I loved the paperie lines. It all looks great. I wish I could visit a store much more frequently!

10. Tifany D. says:

Those are all on my list of favorites…along with anything else Echo Park makes…they are so AWESOME!

And I have to add that I love the twine from The Twinery and Unity stamps as well!

11. Kim Watson says:

Super choices Kim…I have to say the Sew Easy looks like a winner. Definitely on my must have list.

12. Lindy says:

Awesome choices…I defintely had these on my top ten as well as the i-rock and Crate Paper Schooltime.

13. Thanks so much…! I am so thrilled that you featured Dear Lizzy + AC in your list!!

thanks!!!

elizabeth

14. Hope Smythe says:

wow, lots of fun scrappy items I can see I need to get my hands on once I’m done with my spending freeze! Thanks for highlighting these!

15. Vicki says:

Graphic 45 papers are my favoite this year. One line surpasses the other. They let your imagination run wild on their possiblities.