We distribute Helmar adhesives and art mediums in the USA and I am happy to share some of our adhesive tools with you today!
I created this layout using three of my favorites Helmar Adhesives.
- Helmar Adhesives: Premium Craft Glue, 450 Quick Dry & Liquid Scrap Dots, Acrylic Sealer
- Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee
- Cardstock: Bazzill
- Ink: Marvy Heritage (Dark Walnut)
- Machine Sewing
- Buttons – Jenni Bowlin
- Flowers – Michaels
- Punch – Marvy
- Mists – Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists and Glimmer Glam (to dye flowers and butterflies)
- Letters – BasicGrey Stickers & Best Creation Inc Chipboard Letters (painted and sealed with Helmar Acrylic Sealer)
- Acrylic Paint – Decoart (to paint chipboard letters and flowers)
Step By Step:
1. Print (1) 5″ x 7″ black and white photo.
2. Print (2) oval templates from Microsoft Word and use as a patterned to cut out two ovals in (1) sheet of 12″ x 12″ cardstock and (1) 12″ x 12″ patterned paper.
3. Ink and distress edges with Marvy Heritage Inks.
4. Machine sew around edge of patterned paper and around oval frame.
5. TIP: I purchased inexpensive dry flowers from Michaels that are white and dyed them with Tattered Angles Glimmer Mists and Glimmer Glam to create my own inexpensive embellishments that match perfectly!
6. Punch out butterflies out of watercolor paper and stain with Glimmer Mists to match layout.
7. Adhere flowers and Buttons with Helmar 450 Quick Dry.
8. Adhere punched butterflies with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots for 3-dimensional effect.
9. Paint chipboard Letters with acrylic paint & seal with Helmar Acrylic Sealer.
10. Adhere title with Helmar 450 Quick Dry
11. Adhere journaling with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots for 3-dimensional effect.
For more information on our adhesives make sure to check out our blog. We have lots of great information, preferred retailers and distributors along with great tips and techniques from our design team.
In honor of being a guest blogger I would like to giveaway some of my favorite adhesives that made this layout possible. All you need to do to be entered to win is “like” Creating Keepsakes on Facebook and “like” Helmar on Facebook and then leave a comment on Helmar’s wall! We will pick a random winner on June 29, 2011.
Thank you to Creating Keepsakes for asking me to be a guest blogger today! I welcome you to visit my personal website.
P.S. Don’t forget Free Font Friday! Download the CK Diva font for free!