If you’ve been waiting for the right time or event to create a mini album, why wait? Now is the perfect time to preserve the memories of a wonderful summer trip, getaway, or staycation with a mini album filled with your photos and memorabilia. Here are seven tips to help you create a mini album that will be just as much fun to create as it is to view.
1. Create a fun, layered feel in your mini album by filling it with scalloped-edged pages made from kraft cardstock, cut-up baseball trading card holders, and various envelopes to house extra memorabilia and photos.
2. Incorporate bits of memorabilia throughout the pages of your album as decoration. Consider items like
* airline ticket stubs,
* wine labels,
* smashed pennies,
* brochures, or
3. Choose a few core supplies that you’ll use throughout your album. For example, in Antonia Krajicek’s mini album, she used doilies, lace, labels, and scallop-edged punches.
4. Baseball sleeves are a fantastic photo protector option to use in mini albums. You can cut them down to fit a variety of different album sizes. And in addition to holding photos, you can fill them with patterned paper or journaling blocks. Remember that you can embellish the outside of the sleeves too.
5. Use a single product line to ensure your patterned papers and accents match perfectly. Pair them with a neutral color of cardstock, and you’re good to go! This method will save you time picking out products for use on your layouts.
6. If you include envelopes in your mini album to hold extra photos and memorabilia, remember that you can decorate the outside of the envelope and use it as an extra page in your album, complete with journaling, photos, titles, and more.
7. Give your photos a vintage feel by adding digital vintage frames to them before you print them out.
If your summer trip is coming up and you want to create an album on the go, click here to see another fabulous mini album idea.
–Lori Fairbanks, editor