Create a Mini Album with Calendars

Hi everyone, Mou Saha here!

Have you seen the January/February 2012 issue of Creating Keepsakes? Turn to page 55 to enjoy a trendy feature about various calendar products and how they can become parts of your scrapbooks. I used a stencil to make a real calendar on my 12×12 page.

I love the fact that this stencil comes in a 6×6 size as well, making it perfect for a mini book to record your entire year.

To create a similar mini book, start by cutting three pieces of 12×12 cardstock to four 6×6 pieces each. You will have twelve 6×6 pieces. Line up the stencil on top of each piece of cardstock and trace with a pen.

This is what the traced calendar looks like.

Color the page just enough so that you can read your journaling easily. Add a 4×6 photo or a few smaller photos to the facing page. Use stickers, stamps, punches, etc. to accentuate the theme of your month. For example, I used an acrobat stamp in keeping with the fact that we went to the circus this month. I stamped musical notes on scrap cardstock and punched out a tag to mark the date of my daughter’s chorus rehearsal.

Keep in mind that if you are making your next month’s calendar at the back of the photo page, like I did, it’s best not to use brads or eyelets as the prongs of the brads and backs of eyelets will show on the next month’s calendar. However, if you are inserting your pages in sheet protectors in a store-bought mini album, you needn’t worry about using brads, stitching, etc.

Have fun creating with calendars!

Mou Saha, contributing writer

This entry was posted in Guest Blogger, Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Create a Mini Album with Calendars

1. ooo amazing calendar. This week my daughter gave me something similar :)

2. Hannie says:

Where to find the stencil?
    Thank you!

3. Mou says:

Hannie, these stencils are by The Crafters Workshop. You can see them here: http://thecraftersworkshop.com/The_Crafters_Workshop/Home.html.
    Hope this helps!

4. Carol M. says:

This is awesome! I’ve been wanting to make my own calendar and hadn’t found exactly what I was looking for…yet! Thanks to you & Crafters Workshop stencils now I can!!

5. Sharmon Savoie says:

Thanks for the great idea. I can’t wait to try it!

6. Heather S says:

This would make a great record of a pregnancy or another long term project (wedding planning, building a house, etc.). A great way to show how “life goes on” in & around the big things. Thanks!

7. Erika Hayes says:

Great Scott!!! I L-O-V-E this idea..and that template is aaaaaaamazing! What great inspiration!

8. Ashton says:

Love this stencil! I’m making a “Year 2″ calendar for my baby and I’ve been looking for this stencil everywhere. The website you linked to does not have a search column. By any chance, would you happen to know the direct link to this particular stencil?