Scrapbook a Life of Thanks Living

Hi, Erika Hayes here. I’m one of the moderators over at Club CK (Creating Keepsakes’ free online community of scrapbookers). I’m wondering, how has your day been so far? Did you have a great cup of coffee or tea this morning?  Did you have a chance to squeeze in a little reading on your favorite blog today?  Of course you did!

I try very hard to count my blessings every day. What I consider one of the biggest blessings in my life is being a scrapbooker. I mean that!  I love how the scrapbook community embraces each other and shares our lives together. It is amazing, and I think it’s brilliant that scrapbookers just understand each other in a special way. Our unique and supportive community at Club CK inspired me to begin a series of challenges. This new monthly challenge series is to recognize the blessings in your life, and to scrapbook a life of Thanks Living.

Each month we will regularly jot down our daily blessings–a few simple words you will use to create beautiful layouts to document the wonderfulness that is your life!  You can add your daily blessings to this week’s post on Club CK, or can keep a private list if you’d prefer.

The Thanks Living challenges are posted monthly at Club CK.  Additionally, if you crave more information on how to design great layouts, the Thanks Living challenges may be the sweet treat you are looking for. Along with a great challenge, there will be a mini lesson on design each month. For example, this month we are focusing on the way to use various kinds of “lines” in your scrapbooking. All challenge and blessings threads will always be located in the Scraptivities Forum.

As a special treat, we also have a free download of journaling spots, accents, and titles you can use on your scrapbook layouts.

It is never too late to start counting your blessings, so you can join in at any time!

–Erika Hayes, Club CK moderator

This entry was posted in Guest Blogger, Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Scrapbook a Life of Thanks Living

1. Melinda T says:

2011 was a rough year for us, but we had plenty to be grateful for as well! Two of my goals this year is to count my blessings daily and scrap more…so this yearlong project is perfect! Thank you!

2. This is wonderful, I am working on becoming more positive. And, thanks for the printables, lovely!

3. Anna Petitt says:

This is awesome Erika!! Love the free downloads!!

4. Carolyn says:

Thanks again for doing this challenge….love the free downloads!!

5. rolland says:

This sounds like an excellent project. So many ways to document and make this happen.!

6. JoAnne says:

I am thankful for the awesome free download from Deena! and the many challenges that inspire me, Erika’s numerous ideas and talents and I must say I never been happier in my life than since I joined Club Ck , met and became friends with so many wonderful people who are kind, warm and caring, talented, amazing and encouraging! I love you all, everyone inspires me with their talents and generousity and fabulous comments. I am posting my Thanksliving comment here today because I am really thankful for the wonderful community ClubCK is and thankful to be just one small chick in it!

7. Cindy says:

Using challenges to inspire us (and others!) in positive ways is wonderful! I look forward to all the great ideas I am going to find in this thread!

8. Mou says:

WONDERFUL idea Erika :)

9. Barb says:

I am thankful for this challenge that will challenge me to think about all I have to be thankful for!

10. Tonya A. says:

Love the downloads. We need to encourage each other all year long!

11. Stephanie DiSabato says:

Thank you for coming up with this idea! Thanks for the free download, too!

12. Misty says:

Hi everyone! I am a blogging virgin and I’m afraid I’m a bit confused. Clearly I can see how to post things to all of you but I can never find the pages again when I’m looking to see if anyone has responded. I’m also brand new to the challenges and would love to participate in the Thanks Living Challenge. I’ve had a very rough 10 year marriage and I’m trying to be more positive about my life. After reading the other comments a moment ago I understand the basic idea, write down blessings then make a page and upload the photo, but I don’t fully understand where to find the themes for each new month. I can’t even find the first one. :(

13. Andrea Johnson says:

Erika, this is such a great idea! Thanks for working with CK to make it happen! You’re awesome!

14. Carmen Lucero says:

First of all, I’m thankful for you – you are always givingaway so much free stuff, including inspiration!

Hugs!

Carmen L

15. Harriet Tennant says:

Thank you very much, Erika. This challenge is going to add a wonderful and meaningful dimension to our lives and to those around us as we train ourselves daily to be thankful.

16. Cathy says:

It has been a tough 2 years – am thinking more positively and being more grateful for all the blessings in my life daily…this fits in PERFECTLY !! Thank You !

17. Beth Griffith says:

There is so much to be thankful for…we really all need to take time out of our busyness and count our blessings. And what better way to remember those blessings than to scrapbook them. Thanks for the chance to win these embellishments to go along with the them of thanks-living.

18. Luisa Garcia says:

thank you we need beautiful things in moments as difficults as the ones we are living.
    Gracias

19. Agnes says:

Thanks for the lovely free downloads.