Weekly Warm-up: Create a Simple Mini Album

Greetings from the beautiful Smoky Mountains! I have a confession…I’m a bit of a mini book fanatic. It’s actually my go-to medium for documenting our family’s stories and I’ll choose a mini book before making a layout most any day.

For the mini book idea I’m sharing with you today, I’ve left my embellishments to a minimum, just letting the papers, photos and words shine, but you could certainly add layers and trinkets and chipboard until your binder rings won’t hold another thing!

After printing off your free mini book page download, decide whether you wish to use 6×4 photos or to trim them to 4×4 as I did. Using the 4×4 photos allowed me to make my album pages have staggered sizes. Each page of the album gets progressively longer and more of the patterned paper shows.

We’re a family of five, hence the “we are 5” title, and each of us has our own page in this mini book describing what our loves were at the time these photos were taken last Easter.

It can be tricky trying to thread baker’s twine through the eye of a needle, so let me share this nifty trick using floral wire which will make your life so much easier.

And here’s a more detailed shot of a page from my mini book.

Be sure to leave a comment below to be entered to win a $20 shop credit to I Love It All, my Etsy shop, featuring subway art prints, modern typography posters, and mini books. I hope you enjoy your mini book page template and I invite you to join me on my blog where I share project inspiration and downloads.

Enjoy!

Monika Wright

This entry was posted in Guest Blogger, How-Tos, weekly warm up and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

66 Responses to Weekly Warm-up: Create a Simple Mini Album

1. Jamie Cripps says:

I am such a huge Monika fan! I just can’t get enough of her mini albums or her Etsy store! Such.Great.Things! So happy to see her featured here!

2. Marianne Brinkley says:

Thank you for the free down load. I came here via your blog, looking at the new twine colors from The Twinery and found this pleasant surprise as well. Thank you so much!

3. judean says:

yay, thanks for the awesome download, Monika! and I love your idea of staggering the pages, so pretty!

4. Pamela Morris says:

Thanks for the download, Monika. Love the way that you do mini books. I loved the Charleston,S.C. trip that you did.

5. Barb S says:

I have been wanting to try a mini-book, so this will be my opportunity with some great instructions. Wish me luck!

6. Monika — I love this mini album! The staggered length pages, the clean design, and THANKS so much for the tip using wire to threaed those needles!
    Roberta

7. mandi says:

That is super cute and thanks for the tip.

8. Sabrina says:

That is a really cute mini book, and THANK YOU so much for the download!

9. Wendy Orme says:

Darling mini book…love your work!

10. I am new to the world of paper crafting so this mini album looks like a great place to jump in. Thanks for the free download to get me started!

11. Steffanie S says:

What a cute mini, Monika! Thanks for the walk through and sharing your inspiration with us!

12. Ezlie Perez says:

your mini books are great! thanks for sharing!

13. Anna Petitt says:

Really really really cute!!! Would love one of those!! or 2, or 3, or 4, etc.!! :)

14. Priya Mohan says:

Loved the mini book. TFS

15. AmandaPanda says:

Thanks for the download! I love mini books! I even made a mini book out of the books and curriculum list for my girls homeschooling. Mini books make great gifts too.

16. LinhC says:

Love the mini book, especially the idea of having a page for each person to record their memories.