Greetings, scrapbookers! This week we’re celebrating the week leading up to National Scrapbooking Day 2012 (Saturday, May 5) with the theme “scrapbooking around the house.” Each day we’ll host a variety of activities to get your scrap on, including tips, challenges, and prizes GALORE on both the Creating Keepsakes and Club CK blogs. On Saturday we’ll continue the festivities in both places, and we’ve also teamed up with Big Picture Classes to bring you a FREE 12-hour Creative Crop (sign up to reserve your spot today).
Hello there, fellow scrappers!
I am eager to share with you today’s theme: the library.
Today I would like to share with you the steps I took to create this simple digital layout. If you are new to digital scrapbooking, don’t worry. I will give you all the necessary steps and tips to complete this layout. Paper gals, I understand that digi may not be for you, but I hope you play along and share your paper creations with us in the Club CK gallery.
To help us with today’s theme, Katie Pertiet, owner of Designer Digitals, generously provided a free digital scrapbooking kit to download. Thank you, Katie!
- choose three digital photos to work with
- download “Library Layout” class instructions (.PDF)
- download and unzip part 1 of the free digital kit – paper (.ZIP)
- download and unzip part 2 of the free digital kit – embellishments (.ZIP)
- install digital scrapbooking software (if you don’t have the software needed to complete this layout, head over to www.adobe.com/downloads and download the free 30 day trial of Adobe Photoshop Elements)
To download, right-click a link above and choose “Save As” from the menu, then save it to your computer. You will need to extract or “unzip” the files from the .ZIP folders (how to unzip files). Be sure to download the class instructions plus both parts of the digital kit.
Open up the class instructions and follow along. Even if you’re new to digital scrapbooking, you’re sure to fall in love, so you might want to take advantage of the National Scrapbooking Day sale at Designer Digitals. From 3:00 pm (MDT) Friday, May 4, through 1:00 am (MDT) Sunday, May 6, everything except gift certificates and CDs are 15% off. Nice!
Not only are you getting a FREE class and a FREE digital scrapbooking kit, but we’re also giving away a prize from Close To My Heart. To qualify for the giveaway, post a link to a layout you created using the “Library Layout” class and/or kit (both digital and paper layouts qualify). We’ll randomly choose one person to win the Workshops on the Go Stella scrapbooking kit!
I can’t wait to see your layouts!
You can win the Workshops on the Go Stella scrapbooking kit from Close To My Heart. This contains materials and instructions to create two 12″ x 12″ two-page layouts. We’ll randomly pick one challenge participant to win.
If you’d like to participate in the challenge, here’s what to do:
- Create a layout based on the challenge above.
- Upload an image of your layout to the Club CK idea gallery. (how to upload to the gallery)
- Leave a comment below with the URL link to your layout in the Club CK gallery; for example, your comment could look like this: “Thanks for the great challenge! Here’s my project: http://clubcreatingkeepsakes.com/media/p/31086.aspx.”
Note: Previously created layouts are not eligible; images and comments must be posted on or after May 2, 2012, to be eligible.
Entries must be received by Monday, May 7, at 9:00 am (MDT). One entry per person. Please note that the prize can only be shipped to an address inside the US.
Congratulations to our winner! To claim your prize, watch for an email in your inbox.
c@rol w: I