Scrapbooking Supply Storage: Thinking Outside the Box

Hi there! I am excited to be with you today talking about one of my favorite things about scrapbooking—organization! I’ve always said that I love organizing my scrapbook supplies just as much as I love using them. There is something so satisfying about finding the perfect container or the perfect spot in my room for every little paper, embellishment, tool, etc. I often find myself looking for containers, buckets, and baskets no matter where I am!

Fabulous Scrapbooking Storage

Not only do I love great containers, but I love them even more if they can do double duty by looking fabulous at the same time! I think the key to achieving this is to think outside the box when it comes to scrapbooking supply storage and organization. I don’t shop much in the “container” section of the stores. Instead I look for beautiful pieces in the kitchen or home decor areas that will also work for storage. Here is an example:

This is a small jewelry holder that I found at Target in the home decor section. Not only is it super pretty, but it is also perfect as a catch all for little items on my scrap table.

Another example is this:

I found this silver serving piece at a bargain store. It is meant for serving cookies, cupcakes, etc., but I placed some small bowls on it and use it to house lots of little items that I know I will want to use in the near future.

Thrifted Scrapbook Supply Organizers

Lately I have been frequenting the thrift stores and antique shops in my area, and I’ve found some of my most favorite organization pieces of all! At those kinds of stores you can find some of the more unique pieces that you normally might not think to use, but that are the perfect scrapbook storage solutions.

For example, I bought this old tool box and it sits near my scrap table to hold my current Studio Calico kit while I am using it. This way all of my papers and alphabets are in one spot and it helps keep them contained, but it also looks really cool.

Here are some other storage ideas I love:

This old muffin tin is great for storing little things that you want to keep out in view.

I am slightly obsessed with vintage milk glass dishes, and this one is perfect for storing my markers.

This little pink basket was found at an antique store for just a few dollars and I love how pretty it is!

PinExt Scrapbooking Supply Storage: Thinking Outside the Box

Paper Organizers Hanging on the Wall

And finally, a favorite of mine are these metal baskets. I have had them for years and they have moved with me from house to house because they work so well for paper and sticker storage and they are cute at the same time! I spray painted them white and hung them on the wall behind my scrap table. It’s so convenient to have things I use often right behind me where I can get to them easily.

I hope I have inspired you to think outside the box a bit when it comes to looking for organizational items for your scrapbook or craft room! Remember to look everywhere and I bet you will find something amazing when you least expect it!!

Maggie Holmes, CK Dream Team member

Maggie Holmes

This entry was posted in Organization and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

465 Responses to Scrapbooking Supply Storage: Thinking Outside the Box

1. Tommie says:

I_m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later on. Many thanks

2. It had been Proust who suggested that the genuine journey of discovery
    isn’t consisted oof seeking neww landscapes, but more in having new
    eyes. Allow me to thank you for opening mine.

3. Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to
    help with SEO? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing
    very good gains. If you know of any please share.
    Thank you!

4. Really when someone doesn’t be aware of afterward its up to other viewers that they will help, so here it happens.

5. Kali says:

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon on a daily basis. It’s always useful to read through content from other authors and use something from their websites.

6. Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website thus i came to _return the favor_.I am trying to find things to improve my site!I suppose its ok
    to use a few of your ideas!!

7. Hi, I do think this is a great web site. I stumbledupon it ;) I may revisit once again since i have saved
    as a favorite it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to help
    others.

8. Albertha says:

Hi to every body, it’s my first visit of this weblog; this webpage carries amazing and truly good stuff designed for readers.

9. Abbey says:

Being live television, the camera cut immediately to the other panel, but by the time it did, Fallon had crouched down behind it. Timberlake splutters, an uncontrolled laugh coming of its own accord. Besides Jim Parsons, there was faux Ashton Kutcher, Jon Cryer, and Alyson Hannigan.

10. Elmer says:

When going to the paint supply store and buying you materials: paint, primer, sealer, green masking paper, and 3m masking tape; make sure to ask the person behind the counter what the mixing ratio is for each of the products. Once downloaded, all you need to do is to enter the code to activate the full version. NPAPI is a plug-in element which can be located from Google Chrome plugins list.

11. Johnson says:

Florals are my first love in fragrance, and this is a true classic. All perfumes on an affordable perfume website are the original article. But by trying different fragrances from the same group as your favourite smell, you may just discover a new gem.

12. pikachu says:

I read through some perfect information the following. Well worth book-marking with regard to returning to. I personally astonish how the good deal try out you set to produce this terrific beneficial web page.

13. Maryellen says:

You will feel like you found paradise with all of the lush landscapes, and the pristine beaches with blue water. Children’s Play Area – If you have kids, KL International Airport has some fabulous children’s play areas. Today, it is still the cheapest way to travel to and from Malaysia.

14. Interests have total with your personal benefit or advantage; the main objective is to your basic question, “What’s with this for my loved ones?” If you’re attempting to predict someone’s (or a group’s) behavior, evaluate when they will experience profit or loss, pleasure or pain from departs that fast. http://www.brcbc.org/sns/link.php?url=http://bit.ly/1mnlkqT . Blond and beautiful are the two words my wife and i think of at site directories. Lincoln dealt mainly with politicians and lawyers, who habitually make these kinds of calculations. Many experts are calling for Dirrell to win this fight, and they have the effort. Police then administered a field sobriety test which Farrah, who is of legal drinking age, failed miserably, blowing a. “So i caught my first shark citrus today! Boating is fun,” Farrah tweeted to her 120,000 plus followers. So Farrah’s not the right parent, but somehow it truly hurts to find out her totally overruled prefer that. All from the dust of Egypt became gnats that swarmed on men and animals. Still, because he engrossed us regarding his talent, we knew i believed the solitary Michael Jackson. Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham recently made headlines when she made an adult film with one with the most well-known adult film stars through the planet, James Deen. What are your thinking on “Teen Mom” teen mom boobs catching a shark in Florida? On paper, Dirrell could be the faster, slicker fighter, and Abraham feels like a plodder that’s definitely not able to capture him. He’d been decked earlier inside the career having a light puncher, prompting a dialing back of rivalry which had some doubting the 2004 Olympics’ only American to win a gold medal would definitely amount to anything.

15. Muzzillo says:

Interests have total with your own individual benefit or advantage; the target is to your basic question, “What’s within this for my loved ones?” If you’re attempting to predict an individual’s (or a group’s) behavior, evaluate should they will experience profit or loss, pleasure or pain from departs that fast. http://www.cfluid.com/uchome/link.php?url=http://bit.ly/1mnlkqT . Blond and exquisite are the two words my partner and i think of at site directories. Lincoln dealt mainly with politicians and lawyers, who habitually make these types of calculations. Many experts are calling for Dirrell to win this fight, and the’ve the effort. Police then administered an industry sobriety test which Farrah, that is of legal drinking age, failed miserably, blowing a. “So i caught my first shark citrus today! Boating is fun,” Farrah tweeted to her 120,000 plus followers. So Farrah’s not an ideal parent, but somehow it hurts to find out her totally overruled that way. All from the dust of Egypt became gnats that swarmed on men and animals. Still, as they engrossed us together with his talent, we knew i believed the solitary Michael Jackson. Teen Mom star Farrah Abraham recently made headlines when she made a grown-up film with one of the most well-known adult film stars through the planet, James Deen. What are your thinking on “Teen Mom” teen mom boobs catching a shark in Florida? On paper, Dirrell may be the faster, slicker fighter, and Abraham feels like a plodder who is definitely not in a position to capture him. He’d been decked earlier within the career with a light puncher, prompting a dialing back of rivalry that have some doubting the 2004 Olympics’ only American to win a gold medal would certainly amount to anything.