We’ve had great response to the recent announcement that Creating Keepsakes is now available for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch – along with one question that has been asked several times: How do we access it? Hopefully, these quick-start steps will help.
UPDATE: August 20, 2012: We’re hearing back from many of you that the app is not recognizing your existing print/online subscription information. We’re looking into it, and will let everyone know what’s going on as soon as we have answers. Unfortunately, even best efforts sometimes run into unexpected snags – even when it seemed like everything was good-to-go. We apologize, and ask for your patience!
Accessing Creating Keepsakes for the iPad
1) After the app loads, the icon will become active on your screen. Tap to open it.
2) The first time you launch the app, you’ll be given the option to turn on “Push” notifications to allow Creating Keepsakes to receive sounds, alerts, and badges. If you choose to do this, the app will take you to your device’s Settings panel. If you choose not to do this, you’ll continue to the main screen.
3) At the bottom of the window, tap the “Catalog” button to pre-load the available issues. At this point, you should see several magazine covers, but the issues themselves are not yet loaded onto your device.
4) Tap an issue to open it. If you haven’t already purchased a subscription to the app, a red bar with the words “Subscription Available” will appear across the top of the cover. You can tap that bar now to subscribe.
4) If you aren’t ready to subscribe yet, when you tap on the issue cover, options to “Read” or “Download” will appear. The first time you open an issue, choose “Download;” once the issue is downloaded to your device, you’ll only see the “Read” option.
- If you have an active subscription, the issue will download and you can simply swipe the pages to read it.
- If you do not yet have an active subscription, you can choose to preview a few pages free of charge.
When you are finished reading, tap in the area near the top or bottom of the screen to open the menu. The “My Library” button at the top of the screen will take you out of the issue. Options at the bottom of the screen allow you to navigate through the issue, share it with friends on Facebook and Twitter, and more.
The app edition is very new and very exciting for us here at Creating Keepsakes. As time goes on, we’ll try to provide more (and better!) answers to your many questions. In the meantime, thanks for joining us in this adventure!