Whether you’re snapping shots with your phone camera, carrying a full-sized DSLR, posting photos on Facebook, or creating digital scrapbook layouts, technology has made taking and sharing photos a part of our everyday lives.
Better Digital Photos & Scrapbooking
Better Digital Photos & Scrapbooking, a new special issue from Creating Keepsakes magazine, is packed with 132 pages of ideas to help you make the most of digital technology for taking, editing, enhancing, sharing, and scrapbooking your photos. The seven sections of this inspiring volume guide you from start to finish with:
- an overview of basic terms and technology, from camera modes and settings to information about cameras, lenses, and equipment, together with bonus charts you can download from creatingkeepsakes.com to carry with you;
- techniques for improving your photography skills, whether you’re using a point-and-shoot camera or a DSLR;
- suggestions for using props, frames, close-ups and more for creating artistically-styled photos you’ll love to display in your scrapbooks or on your walls;
- tips for using digital editing and enhancements to transform photos from “ho-hum” to “wow!”;
- step-by-step instructions for creating digital effects and designing your own digital scrapbook layouts.
So what are you waiting for? Better Digital Photos & Scrapbooking is on sale now, and you can find bonus video tutorials and content at creatingkeepsakes.com.
Win a Free Copy
Would you like to win a free copy of this issue? Leave a comment here telling us about your greatest digital photo successes – or challenges – and you’ll be entered to win one of three copies of Better Digital Photos & Scrapbooking. Our international friends are welcome to enter; comments must be received by Monday, September 10, at 9:00 am (MDT).
For more chances to win – and to discover more inspiring artwork – visit the blogs of these CK friends:
|Joey Manwarren Laina Lamb Adele Beck Erika Hayes Jana Morton Mou Saha Gretchen McElveen Iris Uy The Scrap Review Lain Ehmann Susan Mintmire Patty Cieri Ashley Horton Stacy Cohen Autumn Baldwin||http://everydayimagination.blogspot.com/ http://www.lifeonthelamb.blogspot.com/ http://dleebug.wordpress.com/ http://www.thinkingthroughdesign.typepad.com http://janamorton.blogspot.com/ http://collagecollagecollage.blogspot.com/ http://www.gretchenmac.blogspot.com http://www.irisbabaouy.typepad.com/ http://www.thescrapreview.com http://www.layoutaday.com http://www.designteamcalls.com http://thegreenhouseonthehill.blogspot.com/ http://ashleyspaperdoll.blogspot.com/ http://stacycohen.blogspot.com/ http://itsalwaysautumn.com|
—Lyn Worthen, senior editor
Congratulations to our winners!
Kate says: My greatest success would have been photographing laser lights in a show! Loved it even more cos it was night time, without a tripod. lol.. I had my fair share of dud shots, but I got some great ones too!!
Carla Hundley says: I haven’t used digital much at all! I need to learn the very basics to get started and would love to win this book!
Jamie Greene says: I am probably one of the worst picture takers ever! I could use to learn a thing or two or three, this looks like a helpful issue!
Watch for an email in your inbox with instructions on how to redeem your prize.