Hi everyone, Mou Saha here with some ideas
for Holiday cards using brown paper bags!
For this card, I started with a lunch bag.
Let me walk you through the steps.
- Cut the top of the bag to make it even and the bottom to make it small enough to fit on the card.
- Punch a half circle at the top.
- Stitch together scrap paper and fabric and glue it to the front of the brown paper bag.
- Layer tissue to card front and attach the bag at a slight angle.
- Add some border sticker and trim to decorate.
- Stitch bag in place making sure to leave the top open to make a pocket.
- Create a tag with seasonal sentiment to put in the pocket.
- Add a few more embellishments to finish the card.
And here’s my second card. Here I used a mini brown paper bag.
- Attach a wide piece of ribbon to card.
- Add some seam binding and lace trims near the bottom.
- Tie a ribbon with pompoms near the bottom of the mini brown paper bag and attach to the card overlapping the trims.
- Add the sentiment ‘Noel’ cut out of patterned paper to the right of the bag.
- Machine stitch bag in place.
- Embellish with more patterned paper cut outs, pins, and rhinestones.
- Put some tinsel into the bag to finish.
Supplies: Cardstock, fabric, and border sticker: Anna Griffin; Patterned paper and Sprinklers: October Afternoon; Circle punches: Marvy Uchida; Adhesive: 3M; Others: trims, tissue, twine, pins, rhinestones, thread, tinsel, tag
Hope you enjoyed today’s cards and don’t forget to check out Sara Peterson’s article “Brown Paper Packages” in the November-December issue of Creating Keepsakes for some great ideas for using brown paper bags in layouts.
Thanks for stopping by!