Hello everyone! Stacy Cohen here. I had the great pleasure of attending CHA this past weekend and seeing all the new goodies up close and personal. One thing that struck me about the show this year was that there were so many gorgeous paper collections. My “must have” list is longer than it normally is after CHA. The manufacturers really hit it out of the ballpark this time with great color combos and patterns.
While walking the floors and visiting the booths, I saw some items that kept cropping up everywhere. Here are some of the trends I noticed:
1. Project Life and photo album scrapbooking. Many manufacturers are now offering small journaling cards, embellishments, stamps, etc. that are geared towards this genre of scrapbooking.
2. Typewriters – both on paper patterns and as embellishments. Plus many of the booths had lovely vintage typewriters as decor.
3. Cameras – again, both on paper patterns and as embellishments.
4. Negative space and silhouettes. My favorite new items in this category are the negative space titles and phrases.
5. Doilies. Personally, I am very thrilled that doilies can still be widely found, because I can’t get enough of them!
6. Steel dies for use with die-cutting machines. I noticed a lot of new companies getting into the game, many of them offering die/stamp combinations. As a fan of die-cutting myself, I was happy to see all the new dies on the market.
7. Small alphabets – stickers, chipboard, wood, etc. These are so useful for building longer page titles.
8. Metallics – silver and gold foil on paper and embellishments.
9. Decorative (i.e., “washi”) tape. I think this staple is here to stay for a while.
This list is not exhaustive by any means, but these were some of the things that jumped out at me.
I took photos of some products that caught my eye.
How about a little bling?
Prima Marketing Say it in Crystals
Melissa Frances Brooches
Metallic products were “shining stars” at the show.
Pink Paislee Luxe Collection
Die and stamp combos could be seen all over the place at CHA. I love these cute sets by Paper Smooches.
Paper Smooches stamp and die sets
My favorite new tool I saw at CHA was Martha Stewart Crafts’ new interchangeable circle doily punch. There are interchangeable punches, and each one cuts multiple sizes of doilies.
I wish I could share photos of all of the items I gushed over at CHA. There certainly were a lot of them!
What new products are you anxious to get your hands on?
Leave a comment here by Monday, January 21, 2013 for a chance to win a box of scrapbooking supplies.
Congratulations to our winner!
Christin Attebury says: love bling and metallics! Looks like some exciting new stuff!
Watch for an email in your inbox with instructions on how to redeem your prize.