Hey CKers! Deena Boese here. Thanks for stopping by the Editors’ blog this lovely Friday! Hope your new year is off to a good start and everyone is enjoying a renewed perspective; not only for 2013 but also reflecting on the paths you traveled in 2012. This is the perfect time to gather thoughts and photos of your most memorable moments from the last year and preserve them in a year-in-review mini album! Now I know what you’re thinking…but this doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Just pick a few favorite memories and get them documented. Here are a few page ideas to get you jump started!
- When someone says “The year 2012”, what do you immediately think of?
- What was your favorite everyday memory?
- Did you take a family vacation?
- Did you experience a major milestone (wedding, birth, graduation, promotion, etc.)?
- What goals did you make at the beginning of 2012? Did you accomplish them?
- What were your favorite movies, tv shows, music tracks, trends, etc.?
- What world events hit close to home for you?
- What was your favorite photograph you snapped?
- What was your most memorable holiday?
- What was just plain downright cool?
To create a quick and easy no-stress album, grab your photos, pick a unified color scheme, and gather a handful of products. Now spread everything out and set a goal to use ONLY what’s in front of you. Suddenly the pressure slides off! Limited supplies = uncomplicated creativity!
To make it super easy for you, I’ve created a collection of year-in-review titles and journaling spots you can download here for free.
Want to simplify things even more? Make ONE layout that combines several meaningful events from the 2012 year as I did here.
For more creative ideas on making a year-in-review album, be sure to check out Creative Q&A Scrapbooking in the January/February 2013 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine.
Thanks for stopping by!