Hi everyone! I just wanted to stop by and remind you that we are currently accepting scrapbook submissions for our September/October 2013 issue of Creating Keepsakes. We would love to see your scrapbook layouts featuring products and techniques for our current calls.
If you have scrapbook pages that fit the scope of the calls listed below, submit your layouts using our new submission tool.
Specifically, we are looking for submissions for the following calls:
*From the Desk of (office supplies)
Ideas for items to use on a layout AND/OR use pre-made scrapbook lines that are office-themed
- Paperclips (create a geometric shape, use pre-designed ones, etc.)
- Rubberbands (photo corners, bundle ephemera or journaling spots, etc.)
- Sticky notes
- Index cards (mist and use for journaling spots or punch shapes)
- Manila envelopes (great for die-cutting flowers)
- Binder clips
- White out (use to stamp, when dry use spray ink)
- Notebook paper
- Hole-punch leftovers (confetti)
- Label maker
- File Folders
- Office accessories (typewriters, phones, calculators, etc.)
- Spray ink
- A series of embellishments (buttons, brads, etc.
- Punched paper
- Paper strips
- and more!
Use on a layout background, banner, journaling spot, embellishment, flower, etc.
* Title Techniques
We are looking for different and unique ways to create a title on a layout (aside from normal stickers)
- Use embellishments within a title (buttons, brads, rhinestones, flair, etc.)
- Die-cutting fabric and/or natural fibers (could also mount title onto fabric)
- If you use stickers, give them an added treatment (glitter, inking, etc.) OR use the stickers to emphasize layout (i.e. if your layout is about a day in the sunshine, add sunbursts to the O in your title)
- Incorporate photos into title
- Decorative tape
- Negative space (use stencils and back them with patterned paper, etc.)
- Paint directly onto layout (other mixed media mediums)
In addition to the calls listed above, we are also accepting submissions for the following calls:
For complete details, click on the submit tab, located at the top of this page.
Submissions for these calls close at midnight, March 11, 2013.