Creating Your Scrapbooking Creativity Zone

Stacy Croninger – Digital Managing Editor

Hi friends!

Some days I sit down to create and it all comes together while other days it seems like I fuss and fidget with everything and nothing seems to fit together. What makes the difference? That’s a great question! What I do know is that often the environment I’m creating in makes a big difference. I’m one that can’t handle total quiet – I need some sort of background noise. So when I create I either have the TV on, a movie playing, or music going. If you’re the same way, some of my favorites may be on your list or maybe you’ll add them.

Movies

When I select a movie, it must be one I’ve already seen or it doesn’t work because I stop creating and start watching the movie. Here are a few of my favorites:

Image courtesy of IMDB.com

Music

I’ve spent most of my career involved in writing and so I’ve found that listening to music with words doesn’t affect my ability to write or create – I just sing along or tap my toes to the beat. I know some people prefer music without words, which is just fine. You need to do what works for you. Here are my go to songs:

Image courtesy of en.wikipedia.org

I realized I could go on all day with the list of songs. Guess I better stop!

TV Shows

As for TV shows, it has to be a rerun because again, if I haven’t seen it I tend to stop creating and watch. A few favs:

Image courtesy of CBS.com

What do you have going when you create? Music? Movies? TV? Total quiet? I’d love to hear, especially specific songs, movies, or TV shows.

Have fun creating!

Stacy Sig

This entry was posted in General Inspiration and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Creating Your Scrapbooking Creativity Zone

1. Stacey D says:

I listen to books on tape – I can sit there all day and make stuff while listening to a good story!

2. chark says:

I put on Veronica Mars (seasons 1 2 or 3) because I’ve seen them so much I can enjoy them without watching. I got my teen daughter hooked on them too.

3. Shereen says:

Oh my gosh, we are like two peas. Well for the most part. Movies must have been watched multiple times, while I agree with Pride and P., and Sense and S., my other go-tos are the Harry Potter movies. Music, almost totally the same. TV, Big Bang and only Big Bang. We should totally scrap together, except I get very chatty with people around.

4. Vicky says:

depends on how I feel, sometimes its audio books, sometimes reruns of Doctor Who and sometimes movies. Very occasionally its music but it tends to distract me for some reason.

5. Kim Schultz says:

For me it’s definitely music. I love songs from the 40s and I have some CDs by Rod Stewart singing some of the classics like “It Had to Be You” that I absolutely love. I also love Michael Buble, and like you, anything by Josh Groban!! I also love country and love to sing along to “Boys ‘Round Here” by Blake Shelton or anything by Miranda Lambert or Lady Antebellum while I’m creating.

6. Penny Densmore says:

I have a portable dvd player in my scrap room and I put in all those CD’s we are gifted with that have great scrapbook ideas on them and it helps keep me focused and inspired with new ideas.

7. Jeanneane says:

No movies or TV for me. Even if I’ve seen it I still watch. For me it’s audio books & most definitely music. Sometimes at night (actually 1 or 2am) I will put on peaceful instrumental music. Other than that- my iPod has anything from the 40’s to pop country & many genres in between. Buble, Andrew Sisters, Super Chick, Osmonds, contemporary Christian, country Love me some Rascal Flatts!
    And on it goes… Basically I put my iPod on songs, start with ABC (Jackson 5) and go to Z. The fun part is I never know what’s coming next. It’s rarely quiet in my scrap room.

8. Kathryn Whittaker says:

I can pretty much work with anything going on: tv, movies, music, audio books. I also like to listen to podcasts. I especially like to listen to Paperclipping Roundtable because they are talking about scrapping, and I can listen, but don’t have to participate in a conversation. They are great! Sometimes I just turn on my computer and find stuff there because I can keep it turned down low if I am working late at night.

9. creatingkeepsakes says:

I hadn’t thought about books on tape – I listen to those on my drive to work but while I’m creating would be great too! Thanks everyone for sharing. I love reading your comments.

StacyC