We’ve been busy behind the scenes getting ready to launch Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking, our new magazine, in a monthly, all-digital format. I know this doesn’t excite everyone as much as it does those of us on the editorial team, but I think when you see the issue you’ll understand the possibilities as we continue to grow with this new and interactive way of drawing our hobby community together.
We’ve designed this issue specifically for the digital platform so it features larger photos, larger text, live links to more detailed information plus the same convenient features offered by every digital issue – you can download issues to your desktop, print the pages you want, share pages or even the entire issue via Facebook, Twitter, email and Pinterest, and add electronic notes on the pages and projects that inspire you.
We’re also in the midst of arranging options for those who want to print an issue via one of the many print-on-demand resources available. I’ll be sharing that information with you in the coming weeks.
For now, though, I want to give you a peek at the cover:
The issue will be released on December 1 (subscribers will receive an email notification with a link to the issue), and here’s what you’ll find within the pages:
- Banners create an instant celebration, so take a look at the clever ideas for adding a mini banner or pennant to your next project.
- Vellum is here to stay – from die-cutting and dry embossing to stamping and heat embossing it, this old stand-by is back with a fresh and creative second wind.
- Star chart and constellation motifs are the hottest new trend, and this feature brings you inspiration that’s written in the stars.
- Die-cutting isn’t just for shapes and titles anymore – use it for masking, negative space, and backgrounds, too. You’ll find dozens of clever treatments that can be used on scrapbook layouts, cards and more.
- We’re wild about washi, and the Tips, Tools & Techniques column shows off ideas for storage, die-cutting, and stamping washi patterns, plus washi sheets that can be used in endless ways.
- Simple Solutions for Fast Design – Need quick ideas to break through a creative road block? Wondering how to take your design to a new level? This column is just for you!
- Stamp It! Techniques – focus your attention on spotlight stamping and add this new skill to your stamptastic tool kit.
Remember, if you’re a Creating Keepsakes subscriber you’ll automatically be converted to a subscription to Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking in the digital format. In order to access your issues, you’ll need to set up a digital account HERE. And, if you’re not a subscriber, you can get a subscription HERE.
Although the November/December issue of Creating Keepsakes will be the last one in print, we’ll still continue to publish special issues in print. Look for them 12 times a year at a newsstand or bookstore near you, and we’ll also be offering a mail delivery program for special issues in the near future so stay tuned!
Looking to the horizon,